Free Wood Chips
Wood chips are great mulch for your garden!
Free wood chips are available for delivery within our working area. Wood chips can be used in playground areas, spread as mulch in flower beds or utilized for soil amendment. Since nutrients are released back into the soil as wood chips decompose, recycling this organic material is beneficial for your garden and great for the environment!
We can provide you with a truckload of wood chips at no charge. Arranging for a delivery of wood chips is as easy as Requesting Free Wood Chips. Once we have your request, we'll add your name to a waiting list for your area. When chips are available in your neighborhood, a representative will contact you (usually the day before) to confirm delivery.
Please remember to leave sufficient contact information. We must obtain verbal approval prior to making a delivery. If we cannot contact you, we will deliver to the next person on the list.
FAQ's About Free Wood Chips
- How large a quantity will you deliver?
- To conserve fuel, wood chips are offloaded only when a truck has reached "capacity." Therefore, all customers requesting wood chips receive a full truckload of chips, approximately 5 cubic yards. Regrettably, we don't offer delivery of partial loads or smaller quantities.
- What type of wood will the "chips" consist of?
- Here again, it's impossible to predict what type(s) of wood will make up a load of chips. Occasionally, a load of chips consists of only one type of wood. More often, a load consists of a combination of woods- most commonly oak, eucalyptus, pine, cedar, redwood and others. We don't offer delivery of specific woods.
- Can I pre-schedule a specific date and time for my wood chips delivery?
- Unfortunately, no. Because it's difficult to accurately predict where a truck will be located when it reaches "capacity", we cannot schedule wood chip deliveries in advance. Generally, arrangements are made the day before, or in some cases, the day of delivery.
- How do I put my name on the list for free wood chips delivery?
- Simply complete contact us using the form below. Once we have your request, your name will be added to the waiting list. We ask that you please do not call our office to request wood chips. The waiting list process is an automated function that's handled exclusively through our website.